Welcome to Resource Therapy International. RTI is RT's official Association founded in 2014 by Professor Gordon and Anna Emmerson.
RTI was founded for the purpose of giving Resource Therapy and it in particular its growing number of Foundation and Clinical Graduates, as well as its international body of dedicated trainers, an umbrella organisation from which its registered members and public & academic interests can receive ongoing support and resources. All students and graduates of RT courses are automatically added to the international data-base as registered members of RTI when trainers submit details of their registrants.
Here are a few ways RTI can be of service to its members:
- Inclusion in an international Database of registered RT graduates & students
- Support and Resources for all registered members with regards to external memberships and associations such as AESTA & AHA
- International relations and development of community support and networking for all students, graduates and trainers
- Public education and support for people seeking personal mental health assistance through Resource Therapy
- Training and development, as well as resources and support for Academic Research and Publication guidance
- Ongoing professional development opportunities through a growing body of RT Supervisors, and Post Clinical training access
- No-fee registrations and a dedicated committee of dynamic energy who have volunteered their expertise and time to the benefit of developing and spreading the reach of Resource Therapy thoughout the world
- A growing open-source library of educational and informational material and tools for students and graduates
- Accreditation and Certification endorsements for all approved registered RT training programs
- Peace of mind for RT clients and prospective students who wish to check the training and skill level credentials of anyone claiming to be a Resource Therapist or trainer
- Free listing for all Clinical Resource Therapists in RTI's official website's Find a Therapist page.
- Opportunity for access to training with Professor Gordon Emmerson to become a Resource Therapy Trainer (Must be a Clinical Resource Therapist)
- Ask your trainer if they are registered with RTI
- Ask your trainer if they will register you with RTI as a student/graduate of their training
- Contact RTI on completion of your training to ensure that your trainer has registered you
- Do not book flights, accommodation, travel itineraries or make attendance plans until you recieve a confirmaton from your trainer that the program you have registered for is going ahead. RTI does not take responsibility or liability for any loss or hardship experienced as a result of late cancellations of training programs. Insurance and liability is something you should discuss with your training provider if you are unsure.
- If you are a graduate of Clinical Resource Therapy, contact RTI upon completion if you wish to be included in the official website's Therapist Directory. This is a free service and no payment is expected for your listing
- If you are a graduate of Clinical Resource Therapy and you have an active webpage or website dedicated to Resource Therapy, you may be entitled to your personal contact page on the official RTI website. Your page can include links to your website/page/blog, professional Youtubes showcasing your RT, Pictures of yourself, your clinic etc, and a short bio, including your profession, i.e. medical doctor, psychologist, psychiatrist, social worker, clinical hypnotherapits etc... This page is set up and maintained on your behalf free of any fees and charges
- Once you have qualified as a Clinical Resource Therapist with an approved registered RT Trainer, you may wish to go on to do further study with Professor Gordon Emmerson to become an Advanced Clinical Resource Therapist and Trainer. This training currently entails a further 5 days of study. As a trainer you will automatically receive resources and support to help you develop and implement training programs, including: A step by step Trainer's Manual, Free listing on the official RTI website as a Trainer, Free personal page on the RTI website linking your own website and including extensive bio, youtube and picturegraphic presence, Free advertising and listing of your training programs on the RTI website. Please note, it is not necessary to run a training program if you are a registered qualified RTI trainer. Trainers are under no pressure or licencing agreement to train others and there are no royalty fees paid by trainers who run training programs under RTI.
- Course Fees are generally within the same range as other trainers, unless scholarships and various discounts are applied. If you are unsure about the fees you are being charged please contact RTI for guidance and/or support
- As a Clinical Resource Therapist you will be invited to join the Clinical Resource Therapy - International Community of Therapists' facebook group where ongoing networking and keeping up to date with information, support and resources is made easy. This is a no advertising, no junk talk group. It is seriously devoted to the dissemination of information and support for the international growth of Clinical Therapists
- Contact RTI if you would like to place the RTI logo on your correspondence, marketing and/or website/s
- Remember you are not able to call yourself a Resource Therapist after completing the Foundation (or equivalent) Training. The Foundation (or equivalent) Training provides therapists and students with an introduction to RT, and enough tools to begin incorporating RT into your current practice. RT is only a stand alone therapy, once you have graduated from the full Clinical Qualification Training. At that time, once you have been registered with RTI you may practice as a Clinical Resource Therapist and advertise yourself as such. The minimum number of hours needed to become a Clinical Resource Therapist is 60 hours of contact face to face class work (unless you have gained a suitable RPL from your trainer for the first 2 days, or 12 hours)
(please note this page is still under construction. Please check back in a two days for up to date inclusions, or contact us for more information)
marketing & newsletter editor
media & web manager
online training manager